If you’re an Agent, Home Buyer, and/or Homeowner looking to sell there is no doubt you’ve spent some time looking at properties for sale online.
Whether you’re on Zillow, Trulia, or even the MLS you’ll find some of the absolute worst real estate marketing photos. They are so bad that there are websites, and articles written up about “bad real estate photos”.
However, the most important question both buyers and sellers have is: WHY?
Why do agents try to “market” homes for bad iPhone pictures.
With photos of garage doors up, and toilet seats up, and distorted colors and lights?
So why not?
I don’t think there is a simple single answer for why all real estate agents don’t use PRO real estate photography to market their listings.
But, here’s several of the reasons why I think some agents do not use PRO Photos…
1. They just don’t know. The real estate industry has changed tremendously in the last several years and today the first showing is taking place online. I believe many agents just think it’s not really needed unless they have a “really good” listings. Plus, many brokerages just dont push for it.
2. There are no industry wide standards for how to market a home today in 2016. These are needed deeply today more than ever if real estate agents don’t want to end up going the way of the Travel Agent.
3. Costs. Some agents are paying out crazy fees and splits to their brokers. This limits the “marketing dollars” they are going to have when marketing a home and Pro Photography is one of the costs which can be easily cut by some.
The Future of Real Estate Photography and Real Estate Agents
Because the first showing is taking place online today, this means that buyers and sellers are all online viewing properties first and then making decisions about whether or not they are going to actually physically view the home.
Today, if you really want to market a property you absolutely need professional photos to show it online. There are plenty of real estate photographers out there and many of them are good, but you’ll want to look at their portfolio of work before you decide to use them on your next property.
If they don’t have a portfolio to view online, then you probably don’t want to be using them.
Professional Real Estate Photographers in Chicago
Here’s a list of other PRO Real Estate Photographers in the Chicagoland area.
1. VHT: It’s a company with a team of photographers who cover the whole city and suburbs. Ask for Jamie, she’s the best one there.
2. CirclePics: The same as VHT, they are a large company of real estate photographers.
3. Agent Redefined Media: That’s me…